Took over with TFP - am I on the right track?

Mar 9, 2015
Berlin, NJ
Tested today after instructions from here yesterday as a result of pool company handling chemicals for first month as part of warranty.

Here is where I am out - keep in mind I'm swg.

August 1
FC 3.5ppm
CC 0.5ppm
Total chlorine 4.0ppm
CH100ppm
TA 80
CYA 45

Do I have to increase the CH also? Going to test again tonight after running the SWG full time for three days and see if the salt went down and where the chlorine is at this point. Supposedly the PB came over yesterday to look at the pool/salt generator. He said the pool had too much salt. hey thanks Captain Obvious, you're the only ones who put salt in. He claims no issue with equipment so - will update tonight. Took some ideas from sunbaby and made a little notebook with reminders and what to use on pool.

Wish me luck :shaking2:

Do I have to increase the CH also? Going to test again tonight after running the SWG full time for three days and see if the salt went down and where the chlorine is at this point. Supposedly the PB came over yesterday to look at the pool/salt generator. He said the pool had too much salt. hey thanks Captain Obvious, you're the only ones who put salt in. He claims no issue with equipment so - will update tonight. Took some ideas from sunbaby and made a little notebook with reminders and what to use on pool.

Wish me luck :shaking2:
Vinyl pool doesn't need Calcium since there's no plaster to etch. If you see foaming above the returns, raising CH should stop it, but it's not harmful, just annoying. CH will naturally rise with evaporation, too.

Salt will only go down by splashout or replacement. If the SWG isn't showing warning lights, leave it alone. If it's happy with the salt level, you should be, too.

Just assume the CYA you added is there and target FC accordingly. Test it again next week and see where you ended up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.