Taylor sample sizer tool

I have one and I love it. Makes water sampling more uniform (I stink at pouring water off from the tube). However, it is designed to work with Taylor P/N 9198 water testing tube. That particular tube comes as part of the SpeedStir. So if you buy the SpeedStir and the SampleSizer together, it should work out fine.

The TF-100 vials are not Taylor vials and have a slightly different diameter. The sample sizer is designed to work with the Taylor tubes so it will not be accurate with the TF-100 tubes.

Having used the TF-100 kit for about 5 years now, for the first year or so doing the tests by hand, then adding the Speed-Stir and finally after much debate adding the sample sizer a couple of months ago (I also bought a couple of extra Taylor test tubes). I can say both the Speed Stir and the Sample Sizer are helpful additions to the test kit, but if I had to pick just one it would be the Speed Stir hands down. This is not to say I would give up the sample sizer, it is nice to have, but only shaves maybe a minute off a complete round of tests for me, probably much less, but it does make measuring trivial, plop it in and you have a correct size sample, no closely looking or pouring back and forth.

I too have added Sample Sizer to my arsenal of pool care products. As stated above the 2 TF-100 vials are different diameter. I can tell you from experience the TF-100 vials are above 14 ml when you accidently add pool water sample and use Sample Sizer hehe.

I use my Taylor vial that came with Speed Stir and then I transfer to my TF-100 chlorine only vial. Sample Sizer is a high quality CNC machined aluminum and I wished I had bought one when I purchased my TF-100 kit and Speed Stir.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently got the SampleSizer. I like it since for me, I'm not as good at filling to the 10mL with the eyeball :) so the SampleSizer removes that variable for me.

I was a little skeptical about its repeatability to displace the exact test amount of excess water when I first heard about this tool here at the forum but after checking for repeatability (hitting the 10mL / 25 mL marks), it's simple to use and fast for me.

I agree with others here though, if one had to choose, the Speedstir is now a "can't do without" tool for me, another tool I discovered at this forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.