Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Western PA, Roxanii here :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Western PA, Roxanii here :)

Hello,

My Grandmother has been having trouble with her pool for years and I'm finally able to spend enough time here to (hopefully) help. It's over 30 years old and shes recently switched from a sand filter to a cartridge filter. I've gotten the water to stop being green, and it's cleared up a little but still very cloudy. Spent all day yesterday trying to get glass out of the pool, her glass table fell in and shattered.
    Anyways, any help is good help. Thank you!
    Pool size : 11520 gallons 24 x 26 x 4
    Pool filter : SwimPro Voyager SW1000z4 Cartridge
    Pool type : above ground vinyl

Help me with my grandmas pool please!

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Western PA, Roxanii here :)

Welcome. I'd be very careful with that shattered glass in the pool. I would not brush it at all. You do not want to rip the liner.

If you do not own a recommended test kit, I suggest you look into the TF100 or the K2006 which I have linked in my signature.

PS... I'm also from SWPA.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Western PA, Roxanii here :)

You already received great tips and links, so .......welcome to TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!