Green Pool All Summer!!!

Aug 1, 2015
Pulaski,TN
I have had an above ground salt water pool for 9 years now. It is 27 x 54. Never had any problems whatsoever with it. Two years ago I bought a new 1.5 hp pump. This year I bought a PRC 120 cartridge filter system. Since we have installed the new filter system we have not been able to get our pool clear!! We have done everything and spent a fortune this summer trying to get it not to be green!!! We have shocked it repeatedly, we have poured gallons of Clorox in it, we have kept chlorine tablets in it, and we have run our barracuda suction cleaning system for all day at times. What else can we do?!?

Welcome to TFP!

As you have found out, shocking the pool or just pouring in bleach won't work. You need a measured addition of liquid chlorine up to shock level and you need to hold it there until testing shows everything in the water is dead. We call this process a SLAM.

Read and follow the instructions and the green should go away. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Inconsistantly adding n dumping gets you no where. It's not the filter. Its an algae bloom you have not completely killed from the time it initially bloomed.

You're going to need a good test kit. You can not continue to guesstimate this or you'll continue to have a green pool. Read the SLAM in my link, along with the test kit comparison. You're pool green because it has no chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.