-24000 gal. Inground pool.
-heater kept~ 84*
- partial shade 4pm full shade after 5pm.
- have been testing with a Taylor k-2006 kit for 3 years.
- have been using liq chlorine and maintaining with bleach for 2-3 years.
Learned this on this site years ago (thank you) when having problems with "phosphates" which turned out to be, I learned, excess ammonia. Bought an aquarium test kit and viola. This has worked great since then and I have maintained crystal clear water.
-had lots of rain
- I started a garden and the pool chemistry may have gotten neglected a bit
- truth be told, my wife's only job is to purchase a gallon of bleach every week. She kept "forgetting" this year and I refused to pick up the slack.
And now, I'm suffering.
FC levels dropped and I developed algae. (Not too bad)
So I shocked several times over
A few weeks. Using powder shock. (Ugh)
Water became very cloudy. And I had FC up to like 12 ppm but algae still was growing.
My cya was about 90!
I removed ~6000 gal and replaced. CYA was then around 50. And I shocked again. (Liq) to about 12 again. And algae grew again. But then I referred to the
CYA:FC chart and I realized I needed to be up near 20 ppm to shock with that CYA level. So I shocked (liq) to 20ppm. 2 days ago.
Today: water is still cloudy.
CC= ehhh. Maybe 0.5