FB pool craned over my house - pictures

Avc8130 - I know that they laid the coping stones while the concrete was still wet. As far as I know they didn't use any construction adhesive, but they're confident that it's strong enough to take a person jumping off the edge into the pool.

YippeeSkippy - the fence is actually dark green! Here's a picture I took of it this morning that I think will show the color. We love the looks of the woods surrounding our yard, and the last thing we wanted was a white vinyl fence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I HOPE they are right! I gotta be honest, you may want to do some really quick research on any installs/decisions still left to be completed. I'm not so sure your GC and subs are really doing everything the exact proper way. I fear you might have some issues down the road...not soon, but 5+ years.

How NOT to Install Fiberglass Pool Coping! - YouTube

ac

avc8130 - I replied to your concerns about this on my other thread in this section. It turns out that they did use some construction adhesive, specifically between the metal auto cover rail and the coping stones, but it is the concrete that's really going to hold everything together. The YouTube video you posted on how NOT to install coping stones was reassuring to me, because it is the opposite of what my contractor did. I'm confident that the job is safe AND beautiful.

The landscaping is progressing well. As of yesterday afternoon, no more dirt!
Here are some pictures from today:

b8d10f543e3be097f22d0b7cf46d1d99.jpg

502bd99ecd7ea41eac90e7e1800e732a.jpg

2d0d6dfea4db95a71d72544531c8d7d8.jpg

Well yes, now that I look at the pictures I posted, there's still a little dirt, but not where we sit. I ran the cleaning robot last night, so we'll see if there's less blowing into the pool every day. They'll finish up this little patch of dirt on Monday. They're working on the fire pit area today, and that's much more important :party::party::party:

avc8130 - I replied to your concerns about this on my other thread in this section. It turns out that they did use some construction adhesive, specifically between the metal auto cover rail and the coping stones, but it is the concrete that's really going to hold everything together. The YouTube video you posted on how NOT to install coping stones was reassuring to me, because it is the opposite of what my contractor did. I'm confident that the job is safe AND beautiful.

Excellent...because the results are BEAUTIFUL!

What lights do you have? I think I see 3? Does the one facing the house produce any glare?

Enjoy!

ac

I like your coping and deck. What did you use?

The paving stones are all from Belgard (Belgard Hardscapes Pavers: Retaining Walls, Paving Stones & Walkways). The deck stones are from the Lafitt Rustic Slab collection - the color is Silex Grey. I'm not sure what the color of the coping stones is, but I can find out if you want.

Excellent...because the results are BEAUTIFUL!

What lights do you have? I think I see 3? Does the one facing the house produce any glare?

Enjoy!

ac
Thanks! The lights are Pentair Globrite color-changing LED's. The glare is not at all bad. We're sitting on our deck right now and the pool lights are wonderful to watch.

It's almost finished! The landscaping is finally done (we had our deck redone at the same time), so the only thing left is the auto cover, which is supposed to come next week. Here are some new photos:
abcdd2020a26b7fafde230699a23b55f.jpg

The pavers came out great - we're SO glad we didn't do stamped concrete. One of the (many) construction delays gave us time to research that, and TFPers were solidly in favor of pavers.
31a99fd5c31ae32a62445b9f62c80a02.jpg

Our carpenter had never done a cable deck railing before, but he did a beautiful job.
2f1a32f3fd3a31908603c3b41aa69dc6.jpg

Here's a view of the fire pit area off of the deep end:
dc8f1fb09fc36b6e1ff1fe7636ec1bd0.jpg

We decided to do mostly native grasses for the landscaping in the stones.
4275539944d482c09381233942a181c8.jpg

Here's what I think is a cool idea: our carpenter put 3" PVC pipe under the deck at an angle to store the skimmer and brush poles. They're mostly out of sight but very easy to get to and put away.
87a8fa9e78d3fe4bc76b3a782926cdfc.jpg

It's been a long haul, but everything has come out just the way we want it. And we are enjoying it every day for these last few days of the summer and as much of the fall as we can stand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Depends if you have trouble standing still for 30+ seconds pushing a button or holding a switch! Some people would get antsy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.