Lake Elsinore, CA
CYA: 90
FC: 7.5
PH: 7.6
CC: .5
TA: 200
CH: 725

Tested with Taylor K2006.

I just went up to my moms house for the weekend. She has a pool man that does her pool.
I brought my test kit to see how good he is doing. :)

I am curious are these numbers bad for a saltwater gunite / plaster pool with salt water generation?
CH seems really high.

What would y'all do to balance.

I think maybe lower CH to 400 and TA to about 90?

What will high CH do to plaster?

The only way to lower it is by draining some water and refill with lower CH. The CYA is a bit on the high side too. I don't know exactly what the fill water test like, but my guess is the pool would benefit from a drain and refill of about 20%. That would lower the CYA to about 70 and hopefully bring the CH down to a more reasonable number. The TA is also very high, and my guess, since it's a SWG pool is its difficult to keep the pH from getting too high, which if not controlled would cause scale.

I have a SWG pool; 20 K gallons, in ground, gunite. Where I keep it:

FC - 1 to 5 ppm
pH - 7.4 to 7.6, no higher than 7.8
CH - 175 - 400 ppm
TA - 80 - 120 ppm
TAc - 50 - 80 ppm
CYA - 70 - 80 ppm
Salt - 3000 - 3500 ppm

My pool is in it's third season, it has never been out of LSI balance.

I have a SWG pool; 20 K gallons, in ground, gunite. Where I keep it:

FC - 1 to 5 ppm
pH - 7.4 to 7.6, no higher than 7.8
CH - 175 - 400 ppm
TA - 80 - 120 ppm
TAc - 50 - 80 ppm
CYA - 70 - 80 ppm
Salt - 3000 - 3500 ppm

My pool is in it's third season, it has never been out of LSI balance.
I assume you mean CSI not LSI. You need to raise your FC target. With a CYA in the 70 your FC range should be 3 to 5, and with CYA of 80 it should be 4 to 6.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.