Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking the hard plumbed plunge

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Taking the hard plumbed plunge

While draining water from the pool to lower the level for the Hayward skimmer install, we decided to change the original Intex flex hose configuration to PVC. If not for all those who've done this and documented their plumbing endeavors, I dare say we would not attempt it it's a work in progress!
    Intex Rectangular AG Ultra Frame Pool Set, 24' x 12' x 52" (8403 gal, well water)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System model number: 28663EG/54601EG
    Intex sand filter pump, 120V 1,600gph with GFCI
    Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taking the hard plumbed plunge

Great, please post pictures of the results. I just hard-plumbed the suction side of my system and it made a world of difference.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

3. Back To Top    #3

Will do!
    Intex Rectangular AG Ultra Frame Pool Set, 24' x 12' x 52" (8403 gal, well water)

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Consider the value of adding valves on the suction and return lines to allow you to be able to.clean your pump basket.and or make any equipment repairs easier.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is all the pictures I have of how I hard plumbed my Intex Ultra frame 18' x 52" pool last year. I did this when I decided to add a Heyward wide mouth skimmer to the pool due to the fact that the stock skimmer Intex uses on this pool is useless ! I used 2" PVC mostly, except where I had to go up or down in size to attach to fittings throughout the setup. I installed 3 valves that I can turn off in order to service any aspect of the pump system. I also included 2 Union joints, one for the intake to the pump & one for the return. Just in case I had to remove any part of the pump system, I can do so. Those two have paid for themselves already this year. I used the original intake on the pool to add a fountain that I made out of PVC for the enjoyment of my Grandsons. It's not perfect but they all like it. I can turn it off when not needed as seen in the pictures. I also added a small 3/4" line capped off near the fountain line to supply water to a pool slide that I have not bought yet. That way I can put water on the slide from the pool so no one gets stuck to the slide ! I hope this helps ! Good luck ... Pool Plumbing Pictures Slideshow by reaper1964 | Photobucket

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by OldPoolMan View Post
    Consider the value of adding valves on the suction and return lines to allow you to be able to.clean your pump basket.and or make any equipment repairs easier.
    Makes sense to have the valves, how many is too many, lol. I think our plan has 5: one each for the new skimmer, replacements for both Intex plunger valves, new return valve, and a fountain. Is this overkill or what, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper2 View Post
    Here is all the pictures I have of how I hard plumbed my Intex Ultra frame 18' x 52" pool last year. I did this when I decided to add a Heyward wide mouth skimmer to the pool due to the fact that the stock skimmer Intex uses on this pool is useless ! I used 2" PVC mostly, except where I had to go up or down in size to attach to fittings throughout the setup. I installed 3 valves that I can turn off in order to service any aspect of the pump system. I also included 2 Union joints, one for the intake to the pump & one for the return. Just in case I had to remove any part of the pump system, I can do so. Those two have paid for themselves already this year. I used the original intake on the pool to add a fountain that I made out of PVC for the enjoyment of my Grandsons. It's not perfect but they all like it. I can turn it off when not needed as seen in the pictures. I also added a small 3/4" line capped off near the fountain line to supply water to a pool slide that I have not bought yet. That way I can put water on the slide from the pool so no one gets stuck to the slide ! I hope this helps ! Good luck ... Pool Plumbing Pictures Slideshow by reaper1964 | Photobucket
    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing, I bet your grandsons will love having a slide. We will definitely incorporate union joints into the plan. Our SWG pump is separate from the sand filter, so we may end up using 3 of them.