Bought a house with a SPA, and tried replacing heater circuit board.

calisoldier

Jul 31, 2015
CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I recently bought a house with a SPA. The previous owner labelled it as non-operational, however, we agreed in the contract that he would try to get it working. He eventually got it working somewhat and recommended I buy a new circuit board for the water heater, since the previous one would lose its flame. I replaced the S86a with a Honeywell S8610U3009 Furnace Intermittent Pilot Control. The wiring wasn't a 1 for 1, so I must of missed something. When I turned on the power from the breaker, it fired it up even though the power switch was off on the water heater. It seemed to be working, it ignited and everything. However, the heater started to shake quite a bit and seemed to get excessively hot. I checked the SPA and the water turned brown and it seems pretty nasty (bugs/spiders), even though the water was clean prior.

I'm not exactly sure what to do, never messed with this stuff before. I'm assuming the system needs to be flushed and the circuit board needs to be rewired properly. I was thinking of using my home warranty to get it checked out. Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.