Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bought a house with a SPA, and tried replacing heater circuit board.

1. Back To Top    #1

Bought a house with a SPA, and tried replacing heater circuit board.

I recently bought a house with a SPA. The previous owner labelled it as non-operational, however, we agreed in the contract that he would try to get it working. He eventually got it working somewhat and recommended I buy a new circuit board for the water heater, since the previous one would lose its flame. I replaced the S86a with a Honeywell S8610U3009 Furnace Intermittent Pilot Control. The wiring wasn't a 1 for 1, so I must of missed something. When I turned on the power from the breaker, it fired it up even though the power switch was off on the water heater. It seemed to be working, it ignited and everything. However, the heater started to shake quite a bit and seemed to get excessively hot. I checked the SPA and the water turned brown and it seems pretty nasty (bugs/spiders), even though the water was clean prior.

I'm not exactly sure what to do, never messed with this stuff before. I'm assuming the system needs to be flushed and the circuit board needs to be rewired properly. I was thinking of using my home warranty to get it checked out. Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bought a house with a SPA, and tried replacing heater circuit board.

Call an electrocution. Better safe than sorry.

Brown water-it might just need to be flushed. I would try that first.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit