TF-100 Kit just arrived. 1month old pool.

PGF

Jul 31, 2015
El centro, california
Hi there.

Want to start by saying i own a very small 3900 gallons inground pool.

i ordered the TF-100 kit thanks to many reviews on the internet. and i'd like to share with you the results i got.

CL 1
PH 7.8
TA 150
CH 275
CYA 0

I guess is kinda obvious that i need to get some CYA in order to keep my CL high cause it always drops overnight (i used to check my numbers with those cheap strips from walmart).

What about the TA and PH is that high ? should i work on that adding some acid?

Whats the best way to get my CYA high? Should i keep adding bleach or wait till i get some CYA levels?.

my water is a bit cloudy,not green or anything.

Thank you.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool and test kit!

Definitely get 30 ppm of CYA/stabilizer in a sock and in the pool. More here on what and how to add CYA, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Keep FC at 2-3 until you add the CYA and once you add it chlorinate to target based on your CYA level and the Chlorine CYA Chart

Your TA is a little high but not bad, but it will likely make your PH rise. When PH gets to 7.8 add muriatic acid to lower it to 7.2-7.4 and this will slowly lower your TA until your PH and TA reach equilibrium. Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

CH is fine and not important in a vinyl pool as long as it isn't too high.

You are off to a pretty good start! Read this, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Yes, that works, however that amount is a way more than you need. I wish you had a pool store nearby so you could just get some liquid as the results are immediate (although the product is more expensive).

Just be sure to add less than you think you need as it is better to undershoot CYA than overshoot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.