Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vendor issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Vendor issues

I don't know if this is the right section or not but I need some suggestions and maybe just a chance to vent.

I am having problems with a vendor. They want chemistry records back to when my liner was installed last year. I submitted a complete log of weekly testing and they are saying because it didn't come from a pool company it is not valid. I submitted a copy of the chemistry recommendations from here and pictures of my beautiful sparkling pool but they aren't budging grrr. I told them nothing in their literature nor owners manual states that a requirement of using their product that you are required to use a pool company and that I have a written statement from my pool company stating their product ruined my liner. We are talking about a $7,000 claim and I am just sick about it.

Any suggestions?
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vendor issues

What type of product are we talking about and what damage was done?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    What type of product are we talking about and what damage was done?
    Robot

22 holes and numerous scratches and gouges (some deep) in three months time.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

mannn Chrissy.
    I hate to hear this.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    mannn Chrissy.
    I hate to hear this.
    Yeah, I submitted 50 pictures and a letter from the leak detection company stating it was the robot that caused the damage. The best part...when I first called they said it is a known issue and they would make this right.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    Yeah, I submitted 50 pictures and a letter from the leak detection company stating it was the robot that caused the damage. The best part...when I first called they said it is a known issue and they would make this right.
    You got a lawyer or access to legal services? $7,000 is a lot of money....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    You got a lawyer or access to legal services? $7,000 is a lot of money....
    I have a feeling I am going to have to hire an attorney. I will see what they say this week.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    I have a feeling I am going to have to hire an attorney. I will see what they say this week.
    I feel bad for you man! If they don't make good on the damage please post the company name and products. You should let them know you are active on a major pool related Internet forum and that you will be informing the tens of thousands of pool owners on that site about the outcome. I know some people don't think online reviews matter but I, for one, always check Amazon reviews and other sources (like consumer reports) before I buy anything. If you come back and say they denied your claim, I guarantee I will never buy their products.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I feel bad for you man! If they don't make good on the damage please post the company name and products. You should let them know you are active on a major pool related Internet forum and that you will be informing the tens of thousands of pool owners on that site about the outcome. I know some people don't think online reviews matter but I, for one, always check Amazon reviews and other sources (like consumer reports) before I buy anything. If you come back and say they denied your claim, I guarantee I will never buy their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have already informed them about this forum and the high recommendations given on their products and that is why I bought this particular model. So far that hasn't seemed to interest them.

10. Back To Top    #10

The $7000 question...what robot?
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter