f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I installed the Starite heater for my 5200 gallon pool about two weeks ago. I also purchased a 100# propane tank from Amazon because I have no interest or funds to deal with the propane companies.

The 100# tank works great. It does not freeze or frost. I have heated the pool five times. Sometimes only a few degrees and twice, I have heated it six degrees. The tank may be almost empty but I have gotten more use out of it than my Internet research led me to believe. In Orlando, Costco now sells propane and it is $1.99/gal,which is half what I expected spend.

During the install, I tried to gather the propane connections myself, which failed. I then went to the local, family owned, propane shop and they made the connections that I needed, got me the proper regulator, and fittings for $60. They also told me exactly what to do when connecting.
The visit was even more worth it because the office has not be updated since the 50s..they still have a TV that has the ratan and fabric on the front.

Finally, the 333k BTU heater raises my water temp 1° every 10 minutes. I debated getting a smaller heater, the 125k, I am so glad that I did not.
I hope this information helps someone else who is trying to decide on a heater for an above ground pool. BTW, it seems that NG heaters are actually cheaper than the propane versions.

I would love to get a heater for my pool for early season openers and late fall days. That would be awesome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.