Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Starite 333k BTU Propane Pool Heater- Experience so far

1. Back To Top    #1

Starite 333k BTU Propane Pool Heater- Experience so far

I installed the Starite heater for my 5200 gallon pool about two weeks ago. I also purchased a 100# propane tank from Amazon because I have no interest or funds to deal with the propane companies.

The 100# tank works great. It does not freeze or frost. I have heated the pool five times. Sometimes only a few degrees and twice, I have heated it six degrees. The tank may be almost empty but I have gotten more use out of it than my Internet research led me to believe. In Orlando, Costco now sells propane and it is $1.99/gal,which is half what I expected spend.

During the install, I tried to gather the propane connections myself, which failed. I then went to the local, family owned, propane shop and they made the connections that I needed, got me the proper regulator, and fittings for $60. They also told me exactly what to do when connecting.
    The visit was even more worth it because the office has not be updated since the 50s..they still have a TV that has the ratan and fabric on the front.

Finally, the 333k BTU heater raises my water temp 1 every 10 minutes. I debated getting a smaller heater, the 125k, I am so glad that I did not.
    I hope this information helps someone else who is trying to decide on a heater for an above ground pool. BTW, it seems that NG heaters are actually cheaper than the propane versions.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Starite 333k BTU Propane Pool Heater- Experience so far

I would love to get a heater for my pool for early season openers and late fall days. That would be awesome.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Starite 333k BTU Propane Pool Heater- Experience so far

I was able to find a little bit of a deal but I am happy i did it. Just ordered another 100# propane tank so iI should set for a while.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).