Sta-Rite Filter Issue

Zilrog

In The Industry
Jul 31, 2015
Chandler, AZ
Hello,

I work as a pool tech and one of my customers recently purchased a set of filters for their cartridge filter. The label on the filter itself has been worn off from sun damage, so I can't tell the exact model of the filter but I ordered what my customer had last so it should fit. These are the filters I bought

Sta-Rite S8M150-SET System 3 S8M150 Modular Media 450 - Small and Large Cartridge Replacement Kit

I received them and installed them and the pool was pretty dirty so from what I've seen the PSI should have raised on the filter by quite a lot over night from filtering. The PSI didn't change at all, and I'm trying to figure out what could have happened. Could anyone help? Thanks for reading!

That's a 450 sq ft cartridge filter. My 400 sq ft Sta-Rite System 3 lasts for up to a year before it needs cleaning.

If the filter has cleaned up the pool then stop worrying about it, the filter is working fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.