Weber grill warranty

ComputerGuyInNOLA

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 20, 2012
Mandeville, Louisiana
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about my experience with Weber's warranty department regarding my Genesis NG grill. It is now five years old. A few months ago I noticed that my lid was scraping the bottom of the cook box when I closed the lid. Upon further inspection I noticed that the bottom of the cookbox had bowed outward causing the lid to hit it. I cook a few things at really high temps like pizza and some steak recipes but I never expected the cook box to bow like it did. I finally called Weber a few weeks ago. I was surpised that a lady answered the phone within a few rings. I explained the problem to the lady after giving her my serial number. Expecting to get all kinds of grief I offered to send her pictures of the problem. She said that was not needed and she would get a new grill box out by the next day. She already had my address on file from my registration. Wow! Really! Thats it? Sure enough a new grill box arrived in two days. Fast forward to today. I finally started taking the grill apart to replace the cook box and I noticed my stainless steel burner tubes were rusted. When I took them out I damaged the bar near the end of the tubes as it had rusted through. I was thinking to myself "I hope thay are covered under warranty". My SS flavorizer bars that cover the burners were completely rusted through. I started looking for replacements on Google and found they were around $80.00 per set. Not bad, I thought, for a five year service life. I then called Weber about the burners. I told the support person that my burner was badly rusted and the connecter tube broke when I removed the burners. Her response, no problem, we will get that right out to you. Really? No questions? I then was really blown away as I asked her how much the SS flaovrizer bars were since mine had rusted through. I was hoping to grab them from Weber and ask them to combine the shipping with my replacement burners. I knew they were just out of warranty. She said "No charge, we will send them out with your burners". I was completely blown away. These grills are made in the good old USA. Their support is without a doubt the best support I have ever received for a product that I have purchased. I know one thing, if this grill does not outlast me which I highly doubt, my next grill will be a Weber. Kudos to the men and women that make up this great company.

Agreed, about 10 years ago I had a cookbox go bad. They shipped me another one no,questions asked. Right now,I have 2 Weber LP,gas grills, 3 Weber kettle grills and one Weber smoker - all great!

I bought a Weber Genesis LP grill, used from Craigslist that was well out of warranty. It was missing the igniter button and I called to buy another. They shipped it no charge. I also have a couple kettles for when I feel like using the charcoal. Love their products and service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.