Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weber grill warranty

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mandeville, Louisiana

Weber grill warranty

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about my experience with Weber's warranty department regarding my Genesis NG grill. It is now five years old. A few months ago I noticed that my lid was scraping the bottom of the cook box when I closed the lid. Upon further inspection I noticed that the bottom of the cookbox had bowed outward causing the lid to hit it. I cook a few things at really high temps like pizza and some steak recipes but I never expected the cook box to bow like it did. I finally called Weber a few weeks ago. I was surpised that a lady answered the phone within a few rings. I explained the problem to the lady after giving her my serial number. Expecting to get all kinds of grief I offered to send her pictures of the problem. She said that was not needed and she would get a new grill box out by the next day. She already had my address on file from my registration. Wow! Really! Thats it? Sure enough a new grill box arrived in two days. Fast forward to today. I finally started taking the grill apart to replace the cook box and I noticed my stainless steel burner tubes were rusted. When I took them out I damaged the bar near the end of the tubes as it had rusted through. I was thinking to myself "I hope thay are covered under warranty". My SS flavorizer bars that cover the burners were completely rusted through. I started looking for replacements on Google and found they were around $80.00 per set. Not bad, I thought, for a five year service life. I then called Weber about the burners. I told the support person that my burner was badly rusted and the connecter tube broke when I removed the burners. Her response, no problem, we will get that right out to you. Really? No questions? I then was really blown away as I asked her how much the SS flaovrizer bars were since mine had rusted through. I was hoping to grab them from Weber and ask them to combine the shipping with my replacement burners. I knew they were just out of warranty. She said "No charge, we will send them out with your burners". I was completely blown away. These grills are made in the good old USA. Their support is without a doubt the best support I have ever received for a product that I have purchased. I know one thing, if this grill does not outlast me which I highly doubt, my next grill will be a Weber. Kudos to the men and women that make up this great company.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Weber grill warranty

Agreed, about 10 years ago I had a cookbox go bad. They shipped me another one no,questions asked. Right now,I have 2 Weber LP,gas grills, 3 Weber kettle grills and one Weber smoker - all great!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Tempe, AZ

Re: Weber grill warranty

I bought a Weber Genesis LP grill, used from Craigslist that was well out of warranty. It was missing the igniter button and I called to buy another. They shipped it no charge. I also have a couple kettles for when I feel like using the charcoal. Love their products and service.
    John - 16,000 gallon | in ground | pebble | Triton II sand filter | TF100 | speedstir | Hayward Phoenix 2x