Question for a friend regarding concrete pool

SandyO

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2015
Oxford, MI
This isn't about my pool so disregard my signature on this one...

We used to live in a subdivision with a large, cement, inground pool. I'm pretty sure it was plaster. Through the years the bottom just kept getting more and more rough. To the point that the kids feet would bleed if they jumped around too much when they were wrestling around. My friend, who still lives there, wants to know if that is more from normal wear and tear or is there really something wrong with the pool?

I don't have any idea. Any help is really appreciated!

Are the walls rough? Is this in MI or somewhere else?

It could be many things, but the first thing that comes to my mind is calcium scale if the CH & pH are out of whack for a long time. But, I would expect to find it everywhere, just not the floor.

Yes, the walls are rough also. It is in South Carolina actually, right by you in Lexington.

- - - Updated - - -

I know they had it re-painted (heck, that might have been a replaster for all I know) about 3 years ago. If it is calcium scale, that stuff is like coral.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.