Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor cabinet

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor cabinet

I've noticed a few posts about this but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. My electrician will fish my speaker wires into the house and hook it up to my home theater receiver. While that sounds awesome and is what I originally wanted, the more I think about it I might want to put an extra receiver I already have in an outdoor cabinet so that I can have more access to volume/input/levels.

Long story short, does anyone know of some affordable waterproof cabinets that would work for me?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor cabinet

Whatever cabinet you put that receiver in, the biggest enemy of it will be humidity. Have you considered one of those marine type units for boats?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Outdoor cabinet

I have looked into the marine units. These are the speakers I have (http://www.sonance.com/assets/media/...RAY_Manual.pdf) so would a marine unit be powerful enough?