Solar Breeze NX Kickstarter/Pre-Order

May 6, 2015
Chickasha, OK
I was told they had been sold recently to a major company, but the Kickstarter campaign seems alive and well. I want to support it! We have had a Solar Breeze for a year now and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered one with the extra filters as well. They're something like 83% to their target goal now. They just need a few more people to order them! Everything I've read about them is good, so I'm really hoping this goes through as it would be perfect for my pool. It sits in the Florida sun all day and has all manner of dirt, leaves, pollen, nuts, flowers, and bugs fall into it. Right now most of them stay there and sink to the bottom where my pool cleaner vacuums them up, but this encourages algae and looks unsightly. I barely have enough time to brush the walls the every 2-3 days it needs. Tacking on net-skimming 3 times / day is not going to happen. I think that between the solar breeze and The Pool Cleaner, I'll be in good shape other than brushing and the spa...

I've had the solar breeze for a little over a year. It's pretty cool. You don't have to deal with a ton of bugs sitting around in the pool when you want to get in. The surface is always clean, and you don't have to clean the pump filter as often.
According to their pump run time recommendations you can also run the pump less time due to the skimmer constantly cleaning the surface which prevents debri from floating down into the water.

The main problem with the version I had is it's durability. I sent a comment via their website and they responded really promptly and answered my questions/comments about the problems with the version I had, and the updates they're making in the new NX version to address it. It sounds good and I'll probably be jumping on it getting the newer version as well.

Here's the link i received regarding what's new in it:
The Solar-Breeze NX - Whats New? | Solar-Breeze Automatic Pool Skimmer

I think they're only $5k away now! Hopefully a few more people jump on it so it becomes real. They're throwing in a free battery replacement to kickstarter backers as well.

I was an early backer on last year's Kickstarter and from what the latest update says, the first container of SolarBreeze NX robots are on their way to the US from China (ugh, yeah I know). Although I didn't have the first gen model, the reviews were awesome (consistent with what HopelessLee said, and just what I needed. So I pledged for 2 and I expect them sometime next month! CANNOT WAIT!!!

I was an early backer on last year's Kickstarter and from what the latest update says, the first container of SolarBreeze NX robots are on their way to the US from China (ugh, yeah I know). Although I didn't have the first gen model, the reviews were awesome (consistent with what HopelessLee said, and just what I needed. So I pledged for 2 and I expect them sometime next month! CANNOT WAIT!!!

I am excited for you. I really. really could use one of these things and I am kicking myself for not getting in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got mine this week and put it in the pool today. It looks very well-built. It works okay. I do have some issues which I'll put into a new thread.

I got mine about a week ago. I like it, but am not blown away right now. It essentially does what it says it will do, but I have a couple issues:

* It constantly gets stuck on my Poolcleaner's hose This often keeps it in one place collecting nothing until someone comes out to rescue it. I'll need to buy some dive weights or figure out some other method to keep the hose under the water so this doesn't happen

* The grooves holding the collection tray in place are very small. Combine this with my first point and you get a big problem. I've had it about a week and already seen the collection tray laying at the bottom of the pool 3 times, and knocked it off the robot once myself when giving it a little nudge away from the hose. Of course, every time this happens, everything it collected goes right back to the pool

* It loves to dive along one of the sides of my pool and try to go against the current, which it doesn't have the power to do. This causes it to sit in the same place for several minutes. I guess it's not really a big problem, but the spots with less current need the leaf collection more

* This isn't its fault at all, but I've already had a palm tree drop a nut on it denting a solar panel. I wonder how much of that it can take.

I really need to figure out the hose issue. If I can do that then #1 won't be an issue at all, and #2 will be far less of an issue. This will make the little guy much more useful.

Thanks for your experience wsamon! I recently pre-ordered one and will add my experience here as well. We don't use a built-in pool cleaner so I fortunately don't have a hose to contend with. I am curious how well it will work on my tanning ledge and ledge loungers. Do you know if there is a minimum amount of water depth it needs?

I also don't use a robot/pool cleaner so I don't have that problem. I'm curious what you mean by going against the current? Your signature line says you have floor jets? I guess that's what makes the water move, but I don't have that. Sometimes it sits in one place because either it's in resting mode or in sun-finder mode. The instructions detail some of that. Don't know how much damage the solar panels can take - you should definitely write to them and let them know about that.

However, the slot which holds the collection try is SO slim I too find it challenging to fit the tray in and slide it all the way in successfully. Would be nice if it were a little wider for sure.

Thanks for your experience wsamon! I recently pre-ordered one and will add my experience here as well. We don't use a built-in pool cleaner so I fortunately don't have a hose to contend with. I am curious how well it will work on my tanning ledge and ledge loungers. Do you know if there is a minimum amount of water depth it needs?

Not much. I'd say it needs about an inch of water, possibly less. I have a tanning ledge as well and it works fine there. However, it definitely collects better in open water. For pretty obvious reasons, anything right along the wall tends to not get picked up.

I also don't use a robot/pool cleaner so I don't have that problem. I'm curious what you mean by going against the current? Your signature line says you have floor jets? I guess that's what makes the water move, but I don't have that. Sometimes it sits in one place because either it's in resting mode or in sun-finder mode. The instructions detail some of that. Don't know how much damage the solar panels can take - you should definitely write to them and let them know about that.

However, the slot which holds the collection try is SO slim I too find it challenging to fit the tray in and slide it all the way in successfully. Would be nice if it were a little wider for sure.

My signature is outdated. I guess I should change it :) The floor jets were filled in and a new return line was plumbed. However, my pool only has 3 return jets - 2 of which are right next to each other on the stairs at one end of the pool, so they need to generate a decent current to get the pool circulating effectively. I know the SB just sits there intentionally sometimes, but the situation I'm talking about has its paddles running. It just can't swim fast enough to overcome the current from the jets and it loves to go directly against it.

I'm going to see if I can fix both the hose and the tray issue sometime this week. I'm thinking some fishing line and small "pool dive toys" for the hose, and maybe some underwater marine tape for the tray issue?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.