Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solar Breeze NX Kickstarter/Pre-Order

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Breeze NX Kickstarter/Pre-Order

I discovered the Solar Breeze online a couple of months ago, only to find out the company had fallen on hard times financially and wasn't able to produce any new units.

I just received an e-mail from them earlier this week, saying they had started a Kickstarter campaign and are hoping to raise $315,000 to get production up and running.

For anyone who's interested:

Solar-Breeze Next Generation Solar Robotic Pool Cleaner by Solar Pool Technologies Inc. Kickstarter
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite DuraGlas/Max-E-Glas (P2RA5F-125L) single-speed 1.5 HP pump, manufactured 12/1993 (1M93M).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Breeze NX Kickstarter/Pre-Order

I was told they had been sold recently to a major company, but the Kickstarter campaign seems alive and well. I want to support it! We have had a Solar Breeze for a year now and love it.

12K Gallon IG Lap Pool (c. 2001)
    6.6 ft x 48 ft/White Plaster/Concrete
    Pentair Superflo VS Pump 2.0 HP/Sand Filter
    Dolphin S300i Robot/SolarBreeze Robot
    TFT-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I plan to be on board too!
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!

4. Back To Top    #4

I ordered one a few days ago. Loking forward to getting it !!
    Inground pool, concrete 40x15x8, Painted, Built on an old rock quarry, Whisper Flow 2 1/2 hp pump - 60-70 gpm flow, 600 lb sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I ordered one with the extra filters as well. They're something like 83% to their target goal now. They just need a few more people to order them! Everything I've read about them is good, so I'm really hoping this goes through as it would be perfect for my pool. It sits in the Florida sun all day and has all manner of dirt, leaves, pollen, nuts, flowers, and bugs fall into it. Right now most of them stay there and sink to the bottom where my pool cleaner vacuums them up, but this encourages algae and looks unsightly. I barely have enough time to brush the walls the every 2-3 days it needs. Tacking on net-skimming 3 times / day is not going to happen. I think that between the solar breeze and The Pool Cleaner, I'll be in good shape other than brushing and the spa...
    15k gallon (?) kidney-shaped inground concrete (paint) pool & spa combo undergoing resurfacing. 6 floor jets, 2 side returns around steps, 1 skimmer also near steps. Spa has 4 jets. 1 hp Sta-Rite Supermax, 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (holds up to CC200), ComfortZone gas heater - old and broken, Master Pool return distributor (not sure what to call it). Pool Before Resurface

6. Back To Top    #6

I've had the solar breeze for a little over a year. It's pretty cool. You don't have to deal with a ton of bugs sitting around in the pool when you want to get in. The surface is always clean, and you don't have to clean the pump filter as often.
    According to their pump run time recommendations you can also run the pump less time due to the skimmer constantly cleaning the surface which prevents debri from floating down into the water.

The main problem with the version I had is it's durability. I sent a comment via their website and they responded really promptly and answered my questions/comments about the problems with the version I had, and the updates they're making in the new NX version to address it. It sounds good and I'll probably be jumping on it getting the newer version as well.

Here's the link i received regarding what's new in it:
    The Solar-Breeze NX - Whats New? | Solar-Breeze Automatic Pool Skimmer
    25,000 Gallon Pool, In Ground, Plaster, DE Filter (need to get model), need to get pump, pool build year unknown

7. Back To Top    #7

I think they're only $5k away now! Hopefully a few more people jump on it so it becomes real. They're throwing in a free battery replacement to kickstarter backers as well.
    15k gallon (?) kidney-shaped inground concrete (paint) pool & spa combo undergoing resurfacing. 6 floor jets, 2 side returns around steps, 1 skimmer also near steps. Spa has 4 jets. 1 hp Sta-Rite Supermax, 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (holds up to CC200), ComfortZone gas heater - old and broken, Master Pool return distributor (not sure what to call it). Pool Before Resurface

8. Back To Top    #8

I was an early backer on last year's Kickstarter and from what the latest update says, the first container of SolarBreeze NX robots are on their way to the US from China (ugh, yeah I know). Although I didn't have the first gen model, the reviews were awesome (consistent with what HopelessLeesaid, and just what I needed. So I pledged for 2 and I expect them sometime next month! CANNOT WAIT!!!
    13K gal, concrete in-ground, SWG, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS pump, Jandy AquaLink RS w/PS4 PDA (which now doesn't work since it doesn't support VS pumps), 5' raised spa, SolarBreeze NX solar powered robotic skimmer.
    Palm Springs, CA

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by stepaway View Post
    I was an early backer on last year's Kickstarter and from what the latest update says, the first container of SolarBreeze NX robots are on their way to the US from China (ugh, yeah I know). Although I didn't have the first gen model, the reviews were awesome (consistent with what HopelessLeesaid, and just what I needed. So I pledged for 2 and I expect them sometime next month! CANNOT WAIT!!!
    I am excited for you. I really. really could use one of these things and I am kicking myself for not getting in.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    I am excited for you. I really. really could use one of these things and I am kicking myself for not getting in.
    Hey you can still pre-order one! It says the price goes up from $528 to $558 on 4/22/2016, so here's the link! http://www.solarbreezenx.com/get-a-solar-breeze-nx.html
    13K gal, concrete in-ground, SWG, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS pump, Jandy AquaLink RS w/PS4 PDA (which now doesn't work since it doesn't support VS pumps), 5' raised spa, SolarBreeze NX solar powered robotic skimmer.
    Palm Springs, CA

11. Back To Top    #11

Hey you can still pre-order one! It says the price goes up from $528 to $558 on 4/22/2016, so here's the link! http://www.solarbreezenx.com/get-a-solar-breeze-nx.html
    got one ordered yesterday before the cutoff. too much wind blowing floating debris onto water surface and tired of all the hand skimming. hopefully it lives up to the reviews.
    35,000 gal pool
    Pentair whisper flo & Cartridge Filter
    Caretaker 99 in floor
    Suntrek Solar panels
    Las Vegas,NV

12. Back To Top    #12

I got mine this week and put it in the pool today. It looks very well-built. It works okay. I do have some issues which I'll put into a new thread.
    Salinda
    owner of ~37,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Intelliflo VS+ filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, Jandy Aqualink RS-6 with iAqualink upgrade, The Pool Cleaner 4x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils, Solar-Breeze NX.

13. Back To Top    #13

I got mine about a week ago. I like it, but am not blown away right now. It essentially does what it says it will do, but I have a couple issues:

* It constantly gets stuck on my Poolcleaner's hose This often keeps it in one place collecting nothing until someone comes out to rescue it. I'll need to buy some dive weights or figure out some other method to keep the hose under the water so this doesn't happen

* The grooves holding the collection tray in place are very small. Combine this with my first point and you get a big problem. I've had it about a week and already seen the collection tray laying at the bottom of the pool 3 times, and knocked it off the robot once myself when giving it a little nudge away from the hose. Of course, every time this happens, everything it collected goes right back to the pool

* It loves to dive along one of the sides of my pool and try to go against the current, which it doesn't have the power to do. This causes it to sit in the same place for several minutes. I guess it's not really a big problem, but the spots with less current need the leaf collection more

* This isn't its fault at all, but I've already had a palm tree drop a nut on it denting a solar panel. I wonder how much of that it can take.

I really need to figure out the hose issue. If I can do that then #1 won't be an issue at all, and #2 will be far less of an issue. This will make the little guy much more useful.

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for your experience wsamon! I recently pre-ordered one and will add my experience here as well. We don't use a built-in pool cleaner so I fortunately don't have a hose to contend with. I am curious how well it will work on my tanning ledge and ledge loungers. Do you know if there is a minimum amount of water depth it needs?
    1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX 15'x35' rectangular gunite pool 3.5'-5'-4', WetEdge Prism Matrix "Deep Sea Blue", cement cantilever coping, 560sf concrete deck w/Tweed Gray Sundek, Jandy VS-2hp pump, Jandy 460 cartridge filter, Rainbow Chlorinator, Polaris 9350 robotic cleaner.

15. Back To Top    #15

I also don't use a robot/pool cleaner so I don't have that problem. I'm curious what you mean by going against the current? Your signature line says you have floor jets? I guess that's what makes the water move, but I don't have that. Sometimes it sits in one place because either it's in resting mode or in sun-finder mode. The instructions detail some of that. Don't know how much damage the solar panels can take - you should definitely write to them and let them know about that.

However, the slot which holds the collection try is SO slim I too find it challenging to fit the tray in and slide it all the way in successfully. Would be nice if it were a little wider for sure.
    Palm Springs, CA

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by textommyboy View Post
    Thanks for your experience wsamon! I recently pre-ordered one and will add my experience here as well. We don't use a built-in pool cleaner so I fortunately don't have a hose to contend with. I am curious how well it will work on my tanning ledge and ledge loungers. Do you know if there is a minimum amount of water depth it needs?
    Not much. I'd say it needs about an inch of water, possibly less. I have a tanning ledge as well and it works fine there. However, it definitely collects better in open water. For pretty obvious reasons, anything right along the wall tends to not get picked up.

I also don't use a robot/pool cleaner so I don't have that problem. I'm curious what you mean by going against the current? Your signature line says you have floor jets? I guess that's what makes the water move, but I don't have that. Sometimes it sits in one place because either it's in resting mode or in sun-finder mode. The instructions detail some of that. Don't know how much damage the solar panels can take - you should definitely write to them and let them know about that.

However, the slot which holds the collection try is SO slim I too find it challenging to fit the tray in and slide it all the way in successfully. Would be nice if it were a little wider for sure.
    My signature is outdated. I guess I should change it The floor jets were filled in and a new return line was plumbed. However, my pool only has 3 return jets - 2 of which are right next to each other on the stairs at one end of the pool, so they need to generate a decent current to get the pool circulating effectively. I know the SB just sits there intentionally sometimes, but the situation I'm talking about has its paddles running. It just can't swim fast enough to overcome the current from the jets and it loves to go directly against it.

I'm going to see if I can fix both the hose and the tray issue sometime this week. I'm thinking some fishing line and small "pool dive toys" for the hose, and maybe some underwater marine tape for the tray issue?

17. Back To Top    #17

I just ordered one. Looking forward to hanging up my pole-skimmer soon ...
    16x32 kidney-shape; 18K gallons approx.; vinyl; OmniLogic automation; 3HP EcoStar VS pump; Hayward H250 Natgas heater; Hayward sand filter; Hayward brominator; Hayward Navigator; Solar-Breeze NX

18. Back To Top    #18

where did you order it?
    In ground fiberglass 26000 gallons. Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Autopilot SWCG w/ Pool Pilot Digital Nano, Polaris 280V vacuum with booster pump. AquaCal SQR166 Super Quiet Icebreaker reverse cycle heat pump.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by bobpamt View Post
    where did you order it?
    I got mine( supposed to be shipping this week) directly from solar breeze preorder ,Get a Solar-Breeze NX - Pool Cleaning, Re-Invented

but this place may have them:

Solar-Breeze NX Robotic Solar Powered Pool Cleaner
    35,000 gal pool
    Caretaker 99 in floor
    Suntrek Solar panels
    Las Vegas,NV

20. Back To Top    #20

finally got tracking info..due to be delivered tomorrow !
    35,000 gal pool
    Caretaker 99 in floor
    Suntrek Solar panels
    Las Vegas,NV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast