Umbrella Sleeves in Gunite - question

trbvm

Jun 8, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I just noticed that our umbrella sleeves in the gunite go straight through to the dirt! There is no 'floor'.
Is this normal?
SnguShm.jpg

Just talked to the super... he says it is normal and the crew that installs the sleeve usually seals it. To the non-professional like myself, it seems to be like a hole in a boat!
The sleeves are in the baja benches and I measured the depth of the hole - gunite is 7 inches think and then dirt..

Owner of the shotcrete company that I used came on-site for my shoot and asked me if I had any sleeves I wanted installed. Handed him four and he threw them to his guys in the pool and they installed them. I guess the don't normally do this because one of the guys told him to throw him a box of tile and he'd tile the pool too LOL.

Owner of the shotcrete company that I used came on-site for my shoot and asked me if I had any sleeves I wanted installed. Handed him four and he threw them to his guys in the pool and they installed them. I guess the don't normally do this because one of the guys told him to throw him a box of tile and he'd tile the pool too LOL.

During my build the sleeves went in with the plaster. The gunite crew left a rough hole for them to work with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.