How to get Intelliflo VS 011018 to work with Aqualink RS6

Jun 25, 2014
Capitola
I purchased an Intelliflo VS 011018 pump to replace my AO Smith Conservationist. My hope is to reduce noise and energy costs.
I have a Jandy AqualinkRS6 Combo, Model 8157, firmware JJ.
I wired the Intelliflo just like the AO Smith.
I initially got no power to the Intelliflo LED and if I tried to bump the pump with the Aqualink panel I received an error message on the Intelliflo LED that says POWER OUT FAILURE.
I then wired the Intelliflo to the breaker and got the LED to power up and I was able to operate the pump using the Operator Control Panel. Unfortunately the pump that assists the Polaris 380 and the communication that talks to the SWG do not work if I wire this way.
I called Pentair and they told me to purchase an Intellicom II.
I called Jandy and they would not give electrical technical support since I identified myself as a homeowner.
Anyone out there have experience or advice on this matter?
It is much appreciated.

Thank you for replying. Yes, I did plug in the RS485 cable. I found a post about putting that too. No luck.
I am starting to think things are just too old to be compatible and that I'm going to need to upgrade some parts.
I will try my luck again with Jandy and Pentair. I may just have to suck it up and get some professional help.
Coincidence or not, my SWG stopped generating. The Aquarite POWER LED is no longer on. I will try replacing the current limiter for that issue.

I control my Intellifow with my 20+ year old Jandy Ji8000 and an IntelliComm II interface. Works great.

I wanted 3 pump speeds for:

• Normal filtering
  • High speed for backwash
  • The PoolCleaner suction cleaner

I wired the Ji8000 high & low speed relays in parallel so either mode will power on the pump. I checked with Pentair and they confirmed no problem with removing the power to the pump to shut it down. The only loss is freeze protection, not an issue for me.

The pump's RS485 interface connects to the IntelliComm. I wired the Ji8000 relay connectors to three of the Intellicomm ports. When a relay goes active, the pump receives power and an activation for one of the pump’s presets. In the end I only used Hi & Low speeds and now set the cleaner’s flow rate using the Jandy 2440 valve actuator cams with the pump in high-speed.

I mounted the IntelliComm inside my Ji8000 controller box and only needed to add a packaged power supply connected to the existing transformer. (Amazon.com: R-Tech UL Listed 24 VAC to 12 VDC, 1.5 Amp Supply Current Power Adapter for Surveillance Security Camera CCTV: Electronics)

I’ve installed this in July 2014 and can’t believe how well the pump works and how much I’ve saved. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.