Outdoor TV

I will be going the buy a decent LED tv route and replace it every 3-4 years. Probably just cover it up. No one really understands how hot AZ is until they live here. No such thing as cool breeze during the summer. Shade is just as hot as being in the sun. LOL

Figure a sunbrite TV will run me 4-5K. that means i can replace my TV at least 6 times before reading that price. That is about 24 years. lol

How do regular tv's handle the heat? I live in Phoenix, so it'd get pretty darn hot outside....

We have a guest room 37" cheapo Walmart BF tv that I'd be willing to put outside, but figure in the AZ sun it'd get baked and die...even in shade it can be pretty hot.

The NM sun isn't much better (110 plus here), and my 50" has lived outside for a couple years now.

Wayner how long have you had the TV outside?
That TV has been outside for about four years - but recognize that it isn't outside that often and it is pulled back inside the cabana with the doors shut at night. And the TV is brought inside for the Oct-May period. I had a previous TV for four year before this one and I only changed because I wanted a bit of a larger TV out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.