Deck Footer Framed and Poured Above Grade?

The 12" deck footer and 4" deck were simultaneously poured and I am concerned about the construction method used for the footer. Most of the footer was trenched below grade but due to the slope of my backyard, the far SE corner of the deck footer ended up being framed and poured on existing ground, above grade. Due to recent rainfall, I am already getting a little washout from UNDER the footer and I am afraid it will eventually completely washout. The footer will need to support a screen enclosure also. You can see by the pictures, the SE corner was not trenched by the lack of dirt in that area. Also, you can see it was framed and poured above grade by the lines the framing boards created and the grass on the existing ground.

Does this construction method meet code? Would you be concerned?

If this doesn't meet code, how would the pool builder correct this issue, the right way?

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/mstgkillr/library/

Talk to your PB about your concerns. If you aren't satisfied, then I would talk to an architect or an engineer (or maybe just do it anyway!). Both would know local building codes.

I have already spoken with the PB and their first response was that it would not have passed inspection if it did not meet code. However, the PB uses a private company to complete the inspections so I am not sure exactly how that all works out. The same inspector took all of 30 seconds to inspect and sign off on the framework before the shell was shot.

I really had to make it a point just to get them to come out and take a look at it!

I am waiting to hear back from an engineer but I wanted to see was some others on this forum thought, maybe others in the industry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.