New Intermatic T104 help

May 26, 2015
Northeast,Alabama
This is how everything was hooked up when we bought the house last year. Does this look like it would be easy to hook up? The current timer does not work.
3ac83948acb747a34af654488e1bb86a.jpg

This is hooked up in the garage by the pool. Forgive my descriptions if they are incorrect. It has the wires from the breaker. Wires that run to the outside of the garage that has an on/off switch for the pump. A light switch as you can see to use the timer or bypass the timer and some type of relay.
This pic is outside the garage by the pool pump. Gfci outlet for slide pump and the on/off switch for pool pump.
ac411ebeb7f0ffcd63a7e67cbac674ab.jpg

If this looks pretty straight forward I will change it out. If not I will call an electrician.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...And nobody has gotten hurt yet? If you don't have a good fundamental understanding of basic wiring codes especially pertaining to pools, please call an electrician. I understand that you did not do this but, someone really messed up big time. I don't even want to start the list of code violations in that mess

Yes, I agree 100% with what you have said. I had no intention of just slapping a new timer on the garbage someone else has wired. After looking at code it is above my knowledge and I will be contacting an electrician Monday! With that said, can you give me an idea what it should look like so I can have an idea it's being done the right way? I'm a very cautious person and would never attempt to do something I wasn't confident was correct!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.