Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intermatic T104 help

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intermatic T104 help

This is how everything was hooked up when we bought the house last year. Does this look like it would be easy to hook up? The current timer does not work.

This is hooked up in the garage by the pool. Forgive my descriptions if they are incorrect. It has the wires from the breaker. Wires that run to the outside of the garage that has an on/off switch for the pump. A light switch as you can see to use the timer or bypass the timer and some type of relay.
    This pic is outside the garage by the pool pump. Gfci outlet for slide pump and the on/off switch for pool pump.
    If this looks pretty straight forward I will change it out. If not I will call an electrician.

18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New Intermatic T104 help

...And nobody has gotten hurt yet? If you don't have a good fundamental understanding of basic wiring codes especially pertaining to pools, please call an electrician. I understand that you did not do this but, someone really messed up big time. I don't even want to start the list of code violations in that mess
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Yes, definitely, I'll be a second voice, you need immediate work from an electrician to fix that mess!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I agree 100% with what you have said. I had no intention of just slapping a new timer on the garbage someone else has wired. After looking at code it is above my knowledge and I will be contacting an electrician Monday! With that said, can you give me an idea what it should look like so I can have an idea it's being done the right way? I'm a very cautious person and would never attempt to do something I wasn't confident was correct!
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.