Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Automatic Water Filler!!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Banning CA

Help with Automatic Water Filler!!

We are leaving to go on vacation for six weeks. We recently re-plastered with Turtle Bay Pebble Sheen. I think because of the darker color, the evaporation is much more than usual (and it has been HOT here). Our spa (no pool) measures 7' by 9' and Pool Store figures it at about 600 gallons. It loses about inch a day. I don't want our pump to be without water while we are gone so I bought a CMP Aqua Level Auto Fill. It seems to stick sometimes and since we are on water restriction, I also don't want it to overflow. Does anyone have a suggestion of an automatic filler?? I don't want to rely on a friend to check it daily so I need some help before we leave. Would like to not worry while we are gone.......
    Spa only, IG, 600 gal, built 2001, Purex Triton 2000 DE filter/18" grids, two Purex Triton Whisper Flo self-priming pumps, one for rockfall, Purex Triton Mini-Max 400 Heater with a stack on top to keep flame from blowing out, Floating 1" tabs chlorinator, liquid acid as needed, Guardex 4 in 1 Delux OTO Pool Test Kit, just re-plastered with Pebble Sheen in May 2015, AquaLink by Jandy, on city water restrictions, CMP Aqua Level auto fill.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Wildomar, California

Re: Help with Automatic Water Filler!!

Just a thought. I once had a pool that always needed water so l went to my local Home Depot and purchased one of those water timers that go on the hose bib from the house. It was a seven day timer and although they had to keep their hose on, it solved the waterfill problem

3. Back To Top    #3

Sacramento, CA

Re: Help with Automatic Water Filler!!

There are several on amazon. But I kind of like Oldpoolman's suggestion as a temp solution.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall