Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone installed the latest Omnilogic Firmware?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone installed the latest Omnilogic Firmware?

It looks like Hayward just released a new version of firmware for the Omnilogic (R 1.4.2) The release notes just mention the ability to save heater settings and some really minor bug fixes. I was hoping for a lot more functionality after waiting 4 months since the last release. Has anyone upgraded to this release? Any feedback?

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone installed the latest Omnilogic Firmware?

I just seen they had new firmware. I am going to install it today after work and I will let you know how it went and if I notice anything different.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just installed the new firmware, this was my first time upgrading the firmware, it went off without a hitch, very smooth and easy to do. I don't see a difference at all, but I didn't really dig around to much with heater settings, but everything else is working like it should, so I know it wont affect anything you already have set.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just I case Hayward is listening, here is some of the upgrades I was hoping for:
    - to create an interlock between the built-in Salt Cell and the main filter pump so that the chlorination does not show as always being ENABLED.

- Chlorination to be ON only when the cell is generating not when it's just ENABLED or, even better, have a different indication when its just ENABLED vs when its actually generating chlorine. Having to go into the diagnostic menu to see if the salt cell is generating is pretty lame.

- to be able to control a separate AquaRite SWG panel over RS-485 and have the percentage selection apply to both cells.

- useful logging information so you can tell when and how long your pumps, heaters, lights and SWG's were on.

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Good day, I see you are located in NJ. I would love to put you in contact with the local tech rep for Hayward. Private message your phone number and I will pass it on. I will forward this information to our product manager. Any answers I get I will pass on.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Good to see Hayward here listening! Sent you a PM with my contact info.

7. Back To Top    #7

There's no way to update the fw on the pro logic unfortunately.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

I did not get a private message with your phone number.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward Pool View Post
    Good day, I see you are located in NJ. I would love to put you in contact with the local tech rep for Hayward. Private message your phone number and I will pass it on. I will forward this information to our product manager. Any answers I get I will pass on.
    Hayward-

Have you seen this thread:

OmniLogic one-month review

There are a number of comments / suggestions about Omnilogic there.....
    ~25000 gal IG gunite pool, built 2001 - renovated 2015
    Pebble Sheen Blue Surf + Shimmering Sea, Gemz, Classic Pool & Tile Rodio waterline
    Grey Granite Paver Deck, with TechoBloc Blu60 Smooth accent strip
    Hayward OmniLogic, UCL and CL320 LED lights, DE6020 filter, EcoStar pump, TF-100, T-15 SWG, Raypak P406A heater