Stenner pump liquid measuement

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
Just installed a Stenner pump with a gray 15 gal tank. Works great so far, but does anyone have a good method for measuring how much liquid is in the tank? I have dumped about 9 gals of bleach in so far, but would like to know how much capacity is remaining. I tried shining a bright flashlight into the fill opening but still cannot see how much is in the tank using the graduations on the tank. I suppose some kind of dipstick would be in order. Has anyone made one that is easy to use? Thanks.

My Stenner tank hold 25 gal and I buy chlorine in 2.5 gal carboys. I made myself a dip stick from a garden stake by cutting a saw kurf in the stick after adding each carboy. Now it's easy to tell how many carboys the tank will hold.

My Stenner tank hold 25 gal and I buy chlorine in 2.5 gal carboys. I made myself a dip stick from a garden stake by cutting a saw kurf in the stick after adding each carboy. Now it's easy to tell how many carboys the tank will hold.
I like this method. Kind of like the dip stick gas stations use to see what is in the underground tank.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.