Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner pump liquid measuement

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner pump liquid measuement

Just installed a Stenner pump with a gray 15 gal tank. Works great so far, but does anyone have a good method for measuring how much liquid is in the tank? I have dumped about 9 gals of bleach in so far, but would like to know how much capacity is remaining. I tried shining a bright flashlight into the fill opening but still cannot see how much is in the tank using the graduations on the tank. I suppose some kind of dipstick would be in order. Has anyone made one that is easy to use? Thanks.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner pump liquid measuement

I use a rigid plastic tube that is as deep as the container. I can insert in the fill hole and can see when it hits the bleach. I can then tell how much is left.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

I guess my method doesn't help. I have a translucent tank and can see the level, but still marked the side in 2 gallon increments.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

you should be able to see the level as it gets closer to the top. My tank is blue so maybe its easier for me to see it, not sure. I also use the shake or lift method quite often to get some idea of whats still in it.
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

My Stenner tank hold 25 gal and I buy chlorine in 2.5 gal carboys. I made myself a dip stick from a garden stake by cutting a saw kurf in the stick after adding each carboy. Now it's easy to tell how many carboys the tank will hold.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by stev32k View Post
    My Stenner tank hold 25 gal and I buy chlorine in 2.5 gal carboys. I made myself a dip stick from a garden stake by cutting a saw kurf in the stick after adding each carboy. Now it's easy to tell how many carboys the tank will hold.
    I like this method. Kind of like the dip stick gas stations use to see what is in the underground tank.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon