Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a better understanding...

1. Back To Top    #1

Sarasota, FL

Looking for a better understanding...

Hello everyone!

so I have been maintaining my own pool for about 2 months now. I have a much better feel, understanding, and confidence in maintaining my pool. (thanks to the peeps here!) Now am venturing into the "why's, how's, and what if's" of maintaining my pool.

I'm looking for information on what the best levels are. And not just someone telling me the best levels but why they are the best levels... Im looking more into the "meat and potatoes".

Thanks for any help and/or input anyone can offer!

7k gallon IG fiberglass pool, Hayward 900RE cartridge filter, Sta-rite duraglas 70GPM, Rainbow Lifeguard 320 chlorine feeder, 1 clueless individual
    Taylor K2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Looking for a better understanding...

Hi Dan,

Well I suspect you've seen the recommended levels, right? This is the "someone telling you what". Link for reference, just because.
    Pool School - Recommended Levels

And probably you've read the ABC's right? This is to give just a hint of what effects what....
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

As for the meat and potatos, put your science hat on, because here it is. The science behind the method.
    Pool Water Chemistry
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!