What do you think????

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Well,haven't been on here in a while.My liner ripp'd over the winter.So I drain'd the water in the spring&didn't do anything with it.Well,thinking about replacing the liner.Concern'd with the hard rain's we have had.Noticed the cove of sand is down.I'm thinking of just sweeping up the floor&going for it.I had such a bad experience the last liner replacement I did.Had alot of liner lap over on 2 side's of the wall.The bottom has a few low spot's in it .Should I just start from scratch with a level&some wood&rework the bottom.Any suggestion's.Also had a bead'd receiver.How hard is it to go with a pull over liner??Took a couple pictures.Thank's for any info

Could not upload pictures.Sorry
Well,haven't been on here in a while.My liner ripp'd over the winter.So I drain'd the water in the spring&didn't do anything with it.Well,thinking about replacing the liner.Concern'd with the hard rain's we have had.Noticed the cove of sand is down.I'm thinking of just sweeping up the floor&going for it.I had such a bad experience the last liner replacement I did.Had alot of liner lap over on 2 side's of the wall.The bottom has a few low spot's in it .Should I just start from scratch with a level&some wood&rework the bottom.Any suggestion's.Also had a bead'd receiver.How hard is it to go with a pool over liner??Took a couple pictures.Thank's for any info

From what I hear be very careful in removing the old liner. Cut it into sections with a utility knife and then be very careful not to push and debris onto the sand from the bottom of the liner. That could potentially create some issues. Sweep up your cove and then level out the bottom (tie some cardboard onto your shoes to keep footprints from forming). Use a tamp to create a nice hard bottom and then proceed with the new liner install.

If you wish to change to overlap you'll need coping strips to hold the new liner in place. Make sure you have an even overlap before you start smoothing wrinkles? Then fill with water. Using a shopvac to help you smooth some of the wrinkles after that will help. Youll need something like a broom to push the liner against the cove as the vac doesnt actually smooth the wrinkles but help aid you in doing so. Perhaps someone can chime in on how to hookup the shopvac for this?

I always Google 4 or 5 online sites n go from there. I got my liner from poolsupplyworld because I loved the pattern. But I found a liner for my brother by searching several sites n finding the best deal on a 25 mil/g liner with his design preferences in mind.

I ordered the last liner was a fish design.Dark liner with alot of color.MISTAKE!!!!!..Don't know if it was a bad liner or BBB Method.Not sure.Thought about just going with a plan blue design this time.Found a couple sites that carry the beaded style.But only comes in 20 ml.Wondering if its worth the extra for the design&25 ml.
I always Google 4 or 5 online sites n go from there. I got my liner from poolsupplyworld because I loved the pattern. But I found a liner for my brother by searching several sites n finding the best deal on a 25 mil/g liner with his design preferences in mind.

Found what I was looking for.No difference between a 20 to 25 liner.Standard ML for AGP
I ordered the last liner was a fish design.Dark liner with alot of color.MISTAKE!!!!!..Don't know if it was a bad liner or BBB Method.Not sure.Thought about just going with a plan blue design this time.Found a couple sites that carry the beaded style.But only comes in 20 ml.Wondering if its worth the extra for the design&25 ml.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.