I was away for a few days and my chlorine level when I returned was @ 0....Its in the 90's here and I noticed what I thought was dirt in the pool so I jumped in and it was more like a brownish slime...I am assuming some sort of algae.
I added an algecide and raised the FC level to shock level which according to the chart was 16 with a cya level of 40ppm.
I have maintained that level ...or as close to it as I could with work and ran the auto pool cleaner two times, tested the water tonight before the addition of chlorine and got these #'s
water is crystal clear ......my question is since I lost chlorine overnight, should I continue to keep the pool @ "SHOCK " level or let it come down a bit and maintain @ 5ppm like normal.
Like I said no more brown slime ...which wasn't horrible to begin with and the water is beautiful.
This is my first full season with the BBB method and I want to make sure I am doing it right.
As always thanks for the help