Intex Pool fountain

Jul 2, 2015
ft smith, AR
Hello all, I don't post here very much, but I have used the site to get information so I thought I would share my contraption. Also, while using search engines, I have been re-directed to this site so maybe someone can use this to help them out. I have an intex easy set pool, and here in Arkansas the heat index has been over 100 for a few weeks. My water temp is 94 degrees. I set out to figure out how to set up a aerator/fountain. I came across various hacks including hard piping the whole thing to modding the return for a 1.5" coupler. As any of you thats reading this probably knows, the intex stuff is metric and will not fit anything off the shelf. I purchased an intex skimmer to use but got tired of repositioning it so I removed it. (It doesn't stay to well with the blow up ring mount.) In order to make what I did, you will need the skimmer kit, or you could just purchase the inflatable ring "mount" and the hose connection for the skimmer.
intexblue.jpg

Go to lowes or home depot or wherever and purchase a 1.5" to 1.25" Schedule 40 PVC reducer bushing and a 1.5" female adapter. The 1.25" will slip right over the nipple of the above adapter. I glued mine with PVC cement, but I dont think its necessary. You can then glue the female adapter to the reducer bushing. You will have the above adapter that now has a 1.5" female connection that you can screw standard over the counter water fountains/waterfalls/etc to. You will need to remove the "grille" of your return and screw this adapter on. The return fitting has two threaded parts, one where the grille you just took off screws to, and the smaller one which is where this will screw to. Since the easy set pool is soft sided, I needed a way to support it since the water pressure makes it move around a little. I used the ring mount from the skimmer kit to zip tie to. If you have a metal sided pool, Im sure all you would need is to make the above adapter and it would be rigid enough to work.

IMG_4958.jpgIMG_4959.jpg

Yes, I know those are sideways, I dont know how to fix them. Anyone can feel free to flip them around if they want.

thanks,
Matt

pics of the female adapter and 1.5" to 1.25" reducer bushings.

Attachments

• 437-212.jpg
    437-212.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 68
  • female-adapter_6.jpg
    female-adapter_6.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 62
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.