Magnatek spa pump on Intex pool

KirkMc

Jul 24, 2014
Llano, TX
I've got a Magnatek spa pump of unknown size sitting around and an extra whole house cartridge water filter. Does anyone know if these would work as a temporary setup for an Intex 16x48? I have my pool hard plumbed with through wall skimmer, but I can not stop the leaks at the Intex pump. I have to add 2-3" of water ever 5-6 days. I'm not looking at making this change permanent, I just want to the leaks to stop until I can get a suitable upgrade of pump and filter.

I am not sure if it will work. Lets bump your thread n see if we can get you an answer.

:bump:

I'm pretty much certain the pump can handle it, I'm mainly concerned about the filter handling it without filtering out the chlorine. Now that I start thinking I wonder if the Intex cartridge would fit in the housing I have. The things that make you go hum?:confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.