Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Magnatek spa pump on Intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Magnatek spa pump on Intex pool

I've got a Magnatek spa pump of unknown size sitting around and an extra whole house cartridge water filter. Does anyone know if these would work as a temporary setup for an Intex 16x48? I have my pool hard plumbed with through wall skimmer, but I can not stop the leaks at the Intex pump. I have to add 2-3" of water ever 5-6 days. I'm not looking at making this change permanent, I just want to the leaks to stop until I can get a suitable upgrade of pump and filter.
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Magnatek spa pump on Intex pool

I am not sure if it will work. Lets bump your thread n see if we can get you an answer.

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Magnatek spa pump on Intex pool

I'm pretty much certain the pump can handle it, I'm mainly concerned about the filter handling it without filtering out the chlorine. Now that I start thinking I wonder if the Intex cartridge would fit in the housing I have. The things that make you go hum?
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install