Please help identify this piece (coping?)and discuss how to fix?

Hello,

I recently bought a home with a fiberglass inground pool. While cleaning it I've noticed this plastic track around the top edged of the pool which appears is supposed to cover a gap between the pool edge and concrete patio transition. In several places this has come loose and looks horrible, while in other places it's filthy and I've not been able to clean it with any methods tried thusfar. It appears in loose areas the back was attached with some form of adhesive, while in other places it is screwed in. I've also observed what appears to be mud between the cement and pool edge in places, and when water splashes there dirt gets in the pool. Can this be repaired?

Thank you in advance for advice/thoughts.

20150730_142148.jpg

20150730_142139.jpg

More pictures please. I hate to ask it but I would like to see them at some different angles too just so I can make sure I am seeing it good.

For cleaning it have your tried a Mr. Clean Magic eraser? Just use care and do not scrub it too hard.

Kim

I do NOT know fiberglass pools so take anything I throw out there with a grain of salt. I am just going with my gut.

That does not look like a "professional" job on the edging for lack of a better word. The screws look like their way to keep it there. It looks like something else should be over that part to give it a more finished look and to help keep water and dirt out from behind the shell.

What would I do? More screws to hold that part to the coping would be my first thought. I would also look around to see if there were ANY way to find out who put the pool in or what brand it is to see how is started out.

Love the doggy swimming! So cute!

I hope this helps. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Kim

Take your pictures to a couple of pool stores and ask if they know what it is and how to install -- it all needs to be replaced. Find an old pool service guy and ask him ---

Finally ask a couple of fiberglass pool companies to come out and give you a repair bid.

It all should come out and be replaced and you may want to grout under your deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.