Goodbye and Good Riddance Undesirables, You Will NOT Be Missed.

Crackerjack4u

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 17, 2015
Kentucky
Hello all,
I said I was going todo it, and I did. Did what? You'reprobably wondering. I returned All the Undesirables I had here at my house, and came back homewith a much fuller wallet.
If you're wondering what Undesirables are. They are all those bags of Powdered Shocks,Algaecides, Clarifiers, pH up, pH down, pH Stable, Pucks, and all those other unnecessary pool adjustment products that tend to cause build up, and put funky stuff into your pool over time.

I, however, will admit, I too used all those undesirable products for years, yet had No Clue what they actually did over time, until I came to TFP.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, having never been taught about pool products, I can honestly say I thought Shock, was Shock, was Shock, and all those different colored packages on the shelf were merely different brands of the exact same thing. So when my pool needed shocked, I'd go buy a bag of shock, or bags and bags of shock- (any bag of shock, usually the cheapest), just throw it in, along with some algaecide, clarifier or whatever I Thought might help, and that was it.

LOL well, actually I found once I arrived here at TFP, as well as, doing research on my own on the info I was given here from all the helpful members, that was in fact Not It. My way of thinking because of my lack of knowledge on the pool products I was adding, was completely off base, and the way I Thought things were, were not even close to being accurate.

But there is also more, a lot more, that goes on under the water from the products I've added that I also was not even aware of. Wow, how far off base I was there too. So far I'd learned that all Shock is NOT created equal, and powdered shock is not even good for your pool to start with because it adds all kinds of undesirable stuff in your pool/equipment over time causing you to have to spend more time, and a lot more money attempting to clean up the mess that powdered shock, as well as, all those other unnecessary pool adjustment products have left behind.

It's certainly a lot easier, and a lot smarter pool care, when you know exactly what chemicals the products you're putting in your pool, are really going to be putting into your pool over time. Who would have thought that just a little knowledge could go so far.

Since switching to TFP's proven BBB method, and being taught the ins, the outs, the ups, the downs, the dos, and the don'ts by so many knowledgeable people here, my life, and my pool, will never be the same again.

Here is a list of All the products I returned that contained undesirables in them:
3 Cases Trichlor, 3 packs of Dichlor, 4 Gallons of Algaecide, 3 bottles of Clarifier, 1 container of pH UP, 1 container of pH Down, 1 container of pH Stable, and 1 container of Stabilizer. For a whopping return price of just below $160.00, crazy huh? Not only were these products going to cause me issues either now or in the future, they were also taking up tons of space in my garage, and a lot of money out of my bank account.

I was able to take the money I received back from all my undesirable returns, and go and purchase 12 cases of 10% Liquid Shock, a gallon of Muriatic Acid, 2 boxes of Borax, 2 large bags of baking soda, a 25 lb bag of DE- to help aid my sand filter along, and still had quit a bit of money left over.

All I can say is, "The truth shall set you free." If you know the truth about the products you're putting in your pool, and learn what you need to be putting in there instead, you will be so much better off for it. You will be free from having to rely on pool stores etc. giving you inaccurate information, costing you time, money, and usually your sanity in the process.

The BBB Method IMHO is the ONLY way to go. It has taken my swamp of a pool to a beautiful new level already. I have achieved 2 of the 3 criteria during my Slam to meet the requirements for OCLT already. I am just merely waiting for the clouds to clear, but when they do, there is no doubt my pool is going to be beautiful, and crystal clear, and best of all be able to remain that way because of the knowledge I've received here on TFP. (Because the pool is looking so pretty already, I am picturing the clouds separating and the sun shining through the clouds,:sunny: with a chorus singing "Hallelujah" in the background lol).

Just remember, your pool did Not get that way overnight, and it will not clear up overnight either, so be patient with the process because it does work, and it has been proven time and time again. Switching to the BBB method, and having the TFP site members to teach you how to properly do it, and being there to answers your questions along the way, is a decision you will never regret.

I'd like to say thank you to all the TFP members who have helped, taught, and encouraged me along the way. The TFP site is awesome, and I am so lucky to have stumbled across it in my search for answers, and I'm so much better off because of it. :lovetfp:

Also I'd like to say, Goodbye, and Good Riddance to the Undesirables because they will never be missed. :wave: :handwave: :gone: :pth:
I hope everyone has a Wonderful Day.

I had a lot of old stuff when I bought the house.

Threw out a bunch of clarifier and other voodoo chemicals.
Kept the trichlor tabs...only half a bucket, might come in handy for vacation away times.

But it felt good to junk that junk, knowing I'd never use it.

I NOW feel the same way PAGirl, but didn't before finding this site because it seemed like I was fighting an expensive, losing, never ending, battle.

It was impossible to maintain the pool with all the chemicals working against one another, building up in the water, and keeping the levels so messed up that unless you have a Genius IQ, lol which as you can tell, I do Not, you would never get them right. (It's like going on a diet, if you are doing everything your suppose to be doing, yet still aren't losing weight, then you eventually just give up). You just stop trying to figure it out because you know you are not going to see any results from your effort, and you are going to fail, which is exactly what happened with trying to maintain my pool with all those undesirable chemicals, 3 years ago.

3 uncovered, and totally neglected years, things were allowed to live, and breakdown in my pool, and then TFP BBB method, and the excellent teachings of that method came along.

TFP was my last hope, because if this method that everyone on here was raving about didn't do the trick, then my pool was going to be gotten rid of because of my disabilities, I am not physically able to be constantly messing with it. I'm especially not even going to continue to attempt it while getting absolutely no where. Enough was enough, already.

Right now my pool is looking awesome, and I couldn't be prouder of how far it has come using this method in such a short period of time. Having met 2 of the 3 OCLT perimeters, my pool Slam process, still has a little bit left to go, but I know it Will get there, soon. Plus The way the DE being added yesterday to the sand filter is helping to remove all the dead algae, and speed the removal of the cloudiness along, I very well could be seeing the bottom of my pool by this afternoon. :). I've not seen the bottom of that pool in over 3 years, and very soon, I will proudly be seeing the bottom of it through crystal clear water.

The BBB method is fast, easy, and works great. To have received all this help, support, teachings, and info, for free is also unbelievable. TFP, could if they wanted to sell their teachings for a large amount of money, and people would be foolish not to purchase it because it works that well. But since it is free, it is important that everyone continues to support, donate, purchase supplies through this site's store, so it can continue to help others for free.

borjis The stuff I had I had just purchased this year so it was unopened therefore I was able to return it. I too have about 1/2 bucket of 3"pucks here for extended times away from the pool. But yes it was so nice being able to return that stuff, and get my money back, and one of the best parts of it was knowing exactly Why I needed to return it.

Sure does Yippy. And Yes pabeader, I have shopped the store, but have not made a donation yet, but I promise you I will very soon. You ALL should be proud, I have been reborn, retaught, and converted, from my old ways to nothing, but the BBB method from here on out. Thank you TFP you are awesome and so are all your members. :)

- - - Updated - - -

That should be thank you TFP.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you singingpond. Yeah I thought about the strength reduction before I got them and debated on getting that many, or not, but the 1st 4 cases I started my Slam with were leftovers from like 3 yrs ago, and they actually seemed to do just fine. ( I have them stored in a cool, dark, area, so that I'm hope helps too. Hopefully these will be alright the rest of Summer, closing the pool, all of Winter, reopening in Spring, and next Summer.

I have surgery coming up, and didn't want to have to deal with hauling shock after surgery. Plus 4 gallons/case of 10% Liquid Shock for $7.99 is a steal, so if they raise the price next year, I've got it covered, and if it loses strength I've not lost too much. Keeping my fingers crossed that it holds up as well as it did the last time. :) Thank you again, and Have a Nice Night!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.