Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water behing liner at steps!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Water behing liner at steps!!!!

Is it possible for water to leak at a jet on my steps and get behind the liner??

I have had the pool installers out twice and the last time they "fixed" it it lasted two days until it was back like it was. I think I am going to try and pump the water out myself this afternoon and maybe do a dye test to see if it is coming from around the jets.

Yesterday I felt of the jets and they were not tight against the liner. I made 3 to 4 turns on each one of them. I am almost at wits end with this issue.

Any ideas or hints as what to try?
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water behing liner at steps!!!!

Any idea what they did to "fix" it? It does sound like there is a sealing problem.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Any idea what they did to "fix" it? It does sound like there is a sealing problem.

Kim
    it appears all they did was suck the water out and reattach the liner, which I had to do again last night and it looks as it did the day they left.

I just do not know how to track down where it is leaking.
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

So the next time you talk to them tell them you want them to find and FIX the problem that is causing this.

I have NO real ideas BUT I have to wonder if the liner by the jet is too loose/big/does not fit right around the jet head. I wonder if there is a gasket that can be put on the liner before you put the jet head back on?????

I am just thinking out loud to see if any thing helps.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit