Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: URGENT!! Draining pool

1. Back To Top    #1

URGENT!! Draining pool

I'm in the process of draining and refilling my pool to lower my CYA. It took longer than I thought to drain it.
    I have a vinyl pool. Would it be okay to leave my pool half empty till I can refill it tomorrow? (Approximately 12 hours)

Will the integrity of my pools structure be compromised without the weight of the water holding it up?
    13 K gallons, in ground, rectangle, 14 x 30 Vinyl, single main drain, Sand filter, Hayward Tablet Chlorinator, Pentair Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: URGENT!! Draining pool

No absolute guarantees without knowing your water table, but the odds are in your favor that you will be okay if there is still a foot or so of water in the shallow end. Can you leave your refill hose on slow and check mid-way through the night?

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, I would suspect that by only going to halfway you are just fine. Good luck with that CYA and let us know how it turns out.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Update: pool is refilled with no incident. I'll will test cya when I get home from work.
    Thank you for your responses.

5. Back To Top    #5

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.