Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFPC Discussion in Aisle 10

1. Back To Top    #1

TFPC Discussion in Aisle 10

You know you're hooked on the TFP method when you start talking to strangers about it in Wal-Mart! Was in their pool section tonight looking around and was approached by someone for help with a green pool. I gave her this web address and sent her over to the grocery section to buy bleach. Hopefully she pops up here!

Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFPC Discussion in Aisle 10

I love it when I can tell people about this web page and how great and helpful it has been and how much I have learned here in just 4 months after knowing absolutely nothing about pool care in April

13,995 gallons 24 X 52 / above ground pool.../.SWG/ sand filter/ vinyl liner

3. Back To Top    #3

I prefer to have these discussions at Leslie's.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea I saw a guy get the Leslie's con job for $ 300/400 one day I waned to chase the guy out to the parking lot screaming ....STOP..... I felt bad for him I sure hope he finds TFP it was sad

5. Back To Top    #5

I've told people right at the test station before they even plunked down their money. So far, people look at me like I'm making a huge mistake and ignore me.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can lead a pool to bleach ....but you can't make them think........LOL

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL, can I use that?
    39YO 13K gallon former SWAMP/MONEY PIT, concrete bottom/Fiberglass Walls, Ecotech VS pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Dolphin DX5 Plus, Loop-Loc safety cover and YES, I have a TFT-100 test kit!

Shock Level and Maintain - CL/CYA Chart

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

So far, people look at me like I'm making a huge mistake and ignore me.
    Been there done that. Just have quiet confidence in your knowledge. Your the one that's "in the know".
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

The TFP king has spoken!!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

One time when I was in Leslie's, looking for something to fix a small chip in the pool, I was nodding and shaking my head as the salesperson was 'talking' to the customer. The customer could see me but the salesperson couldn't. Afterward, the customer came over and asked what all the gyrations were about. I told him my thoughts and about TFP. Not sure if he was a convert, but he didn't buy any of the stuff she was pushing.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

I love that story!!!!

12. Back To Top    #12

Sometime I just go in ther to listen yo them put the whammy on people.....and act like I am looking for something people lined up to get the whammy ... ... Guess it's a wierd form of entertainment ....

13. Back To Top    #13

I was in the pool section of Walmart a couple months ago looking at lights. Overheard a couple discussing chemicals. I started talking to the husband about pool care, gave him the web address, told him to read up. He wound up putting the chemicals back and headed for the bleach with his 15' intex. I too hope he has seen the light.

Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install