Actuator's

robdgonz

Jan 14, 2012
Mission, TX
In my pool, the valves are automated using the easy touch control panel and wireless remote. I had 3 pentair compool actuator valves that went bad and would no longer work. They were replaced with the brand super pro. Should I be concerned or are they just as good as the pentair. Please advise. My home warranty covers my pool equipment and all I pay for the service is a deductable fee of $100.

The home warranty sent a technician out for service. I had a hunch that they replaced as cheap as possible. I just wasn't sure. I was going to try to have them replaced with an actuator that is comparable in quality as the pentair but I wasn't sure if it was worth the trouble. Please advise

No way you will get the warranty to change to Pentair. Not worth the hassle or money to change them yourself. They are really pretty basic devices that should not fail. Although I recall the Pentair did have a bad batch mentioned in other threads I think ... They may have replaced them for free depending on age.

Pentair did have a bad run of these not that long ago. If I'm not mistaken, Super Pro is an Intermatic brand. I wouldn't worry about them as I'm sure they are fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.