Hello & help can't seem to find an answer.

frand

Jul 29, 2015
London
Hello
This is my first year having a pool and so far I have made some huge mistakes, my neighbour's are going to hate me. So the terrible mistake I made was getting one of those easy set up on the grass pools and followed the instructions and put it up. No research was done before installing it. Had to take it down and wham got hit with the smell of the dead grass...I had no idea grass could smell that bad. I know now that I am not the only one who has had this problem which makes me feel marginal better. I would feel a whole lot better and so would my neighbours if I could find a way to get rid of the smell. I have had no luck finding the tiny piece of information on any site including this one. If anyone can help direct me to a solution I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks
Fran

You can neutralize the smell with lime. Any good nursery or garden center will carry it. There is powdered and granular. Get the powdered lime as it will work faster, lay it down heavy with a drop spreader, and water it in. A second application may be needed in a couple of days depending how bad it is.

Welcome to TFP. The directions for set up for these seasonal pools are so lame. You have to dig the sod up before you install these pools... and now you know why.