Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor Salt Test Kit Reagants

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor Salt Test Kit Reagants

I just bought the K-2006 and see instructions for the salt test in the lid, but don't see the reagents in the box. Am I missing something?

If not, which reagents do I add to my kit?

Intex 18' x 52" AG with Sand Filter Pump & SWG (Model ECO15110) about 7,600 gallons tested with a K-2006-SALT.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor Salt Test Kit Reagants

hummmm....
    thats a strange one. The K2006 doesnt include any salt testing, so its funny that it should mention it.
    The Taylor K1766 is what you need for testing salt.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, the K2006 does not include a salt test.

Weird I feel like I read this same question within the last few days.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Another poster in another thread mentioned that he ordered a TF-100 but rec'd a Taylor's K2005. I'm confuddled.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Does it look like this?

The Taylor K-2006 has an option for including a salt test. The P/N is officially K-2006-SALT

Where did you order your kit from?

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Another poster in another thread mentioned that he ordered a TF-100 but rec'd a Taylor's K2005. I'm confuddled.
    Yes that was me I ordered the TF-100 and they sent me the taylor k-2005. So I decided to just ordered the fas/dpd kit for $18 on amazon which makes it equivalent to the k-2006. I use the salt test strips to measure my salt.
    6280 Gal Intex 17' x 52" Metal Frame AG
    2500 GPH Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal clear SWG
    Taylor K-2005 With FAS-DPD Drop TEST KIT And Speedstir
    Intex Robot Pool Cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

That is not possible. Tftestkits.net does not even sell the K2005. Where did you order from? Enc, please continue this in your own thread where I just posted.

I had not heard of the salt option. They must just use the same instruction manual in all of them.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I had not heard of the salt option. They must just use the same instruction manual in all of them.
    Correct. As of 12/14, all K-2006 kits include instructions for the salt test. If you order a K-2006-SALT part number, the kit includes 0.75oz reagent bottles (R-0630 & R-0718) for doing the salt test.

It is a little confusing but not if you order direct from Taylor as it's pretty obvious from their website what you get. I think the confusion comes from ordering on Amazon because the pictures are not always up to date.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    K-2006-SALT part number, the kit includes 0.75oz reagent bottles (R-0630 & R-0718) for doing the salt test.
    Thanks, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Ordering from Amazon just a few days ago I didn't realize there was an additional option. Back to Amazon to add the reagents.

Intex 18' x 52" AG with Sand Filter Pump & SWG (Model ECO15110) about 7,600 gallons tested with a K-2006-SALT.

10. Back To Top    #10

I don't know why Taylor makes this so confusing, but other than the Spanish and 6 or 8 pack editions, there are three major types of the "2006" kit:

K-2006 is the basic kit with the tiny .75 Oz. Reagents

K-2006C is the basic kit with the 2 Oz. Reagents

K-2006-SALT is the K-2006 with the salt test added

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...hString=K-2006

11. Back To Top    #11

Oh darn it. My Taylor 2006 has the salt directions too, but no reagents. I picked the wrong one off Amazon too. Thanks for clarifying ewkearns.
    18' x 48" Intex AG, 6700g
    1500gph Intex cartridge pump, SWG
    Installed June 2015 w/ city water (on restrictions)
    Taylor FAS-DPD 2006 kit

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Earl Cox reports...
    Yes that was me I ordered the TF-100 and they sent me the taylor k-2005.
    I would like to clear that up, please. Could you tell me from whom you ordered the TF-100?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Earl Cox reports...I would like to clear that up, please. Could you tell me from whom you ordered the TF-100?
    He ordered it from a local pool store who clearly had no idea what they were doing: New pool owner cloudy water 1 week old - Page 2
    Jason, TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Thanks, bliz. Sorry to be so paranoid. We have such pride in our shipping and accuracy....probably to a fault.
    Dave S.

15. Back To Top    #15

Hi - first time pool owner. saltwater. I ordered my first TF-100 test kit from tftestkits.com. I specifically ordered this:
    TFTestkits.net

Is this the wrong kit for a saltwater pool altogether? Or do I need something in addition to it? If someone could please advise and provide a link it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

No, it is not the wrong kit but it does not contain any test for saltwater. That's not all bad......you have three options....

1. Rely on the SWG itself to give you a salt readout. That"sorta" works - cost - free

2. Aqua Chek makes pretty decent test strips to give you a pretty good idea of your salt content. = cost-$11.00 I think

3. Taylor technologies makes a good salt test that is reliable and twice as accurate as the strips and will do more tests - cost-$24.00, I think

If you just ordered it (after 2:00PM). it cannot ship before Monday. email them (tftestkits@gmail.com) and tell them you want to add one of those options and everything will ship together on Monday
    Dave S.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you duraleigh. I've just emailed TFTestKits@gmail.com to add a K-1766 Taylor Salt Test Kit ($27.00 on their site) if I'm not too late.
    17'x35' 22,500 gal. Gunite IGP 3.5-8.0 ft. IC60 SWG, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 4 returns. CCP520 cartridge filter, 3hp IntelliFlo 2 VST VSP, EasyTouch 4, ScreenLogic2, 2 IntelliBrite Color LEDs, Poolmiser autofill, UltraTemp 120R H/C 125K BTU heat pump, Diamond Brite Super Blue, No spa or water features.

18. Back To Top    #18

Reagent for Salt Test is not included in that kit, you must request it separately. I had the same question, as I did each one but no way to do the last one.
    8M x 4M X 2M no slope IG CONCRETE w/ceramic glass tile
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    T-750 filter w/ glass media
    1 main drain sump -3 returns - 1 skimmer
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

19. Back To Top    #19

Is it listed on their site? Can't tell which one it is. Please fwd link on their page. Thanks.
    17'x35' 22,500 gal. Gunite IGP 3.5-8.0 ft. IC60 SWG, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 4 returns. CCP520 cartridge filter, 3hp IntelliFlo 2 VST VSP, EasyTouch 4, ScreenLogic2, 2 IntelliBrite Color LEDs, Poolmiser autofill, UltraTemp 120R H/C 125K BTU heat pump, Diamond Brite Super Blue, No spa or water features.

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

Here is the link TFTestkits.net and please call me at 919-528-1454 if I can help in anyway. Rebecca