Liquidator --- Fill Frequency?

IMHO, the more often the better.... if you can mark a level and keep the chlorine at that level, things will be more consistent. Filled with 8 gallons of chlorine will give you a higher concentration of chlorine than filled with 4 gallons... you'll be chasing chlorine levels in the pool, if you allow the amount of chlorine in the Liquidator to vary widely...

I fill mine about two times a week with usually 2 gallons each time and on occasion 3 gallons. I have a mark on the tank at the level of the 3 gallons of chlorine. I just keep an eye on the level in relation to this line, adding another two gallons when it goes below this line. If I'm going to be gone for and extended time, I will but in more depending on how long I will be away.

Thanks for the info gentleman.

@ewkearns - 8 gallons of chlorine? I have the 8 gallon liquidator as well but it states NOT to put more than 4 gallons of chlorine in at. How are you getting 8 gallons in there?

@laprjns - I just look into the tank to check the chlorine bed line. I always make sure the chlorine bed line is at the top of the white extension on the funnel.

@ewkearns - 8 gallons of chlorine? I have the 8 gallon liquidator as well but it states NOT to put more than 4 gallons of chlorine in at. How are you getting 8 gallons in there?

It depends which model you have. The instruction sheet says:

"Do not add more than four gallons of liquid pool chlorine to THE LIQUIDATOR® Model R-101 or eight gallons to the Model C-201 at one time."

I purposely keep the level of chlorine in my liquidator on the low side prefering to store the my 12.5% chlorine in my basement where it is cool. This does mean that I have to add chlorine two or three times a week, but it not really an issues since I out at my pool almost daily. I have a C201 model, so I could add up to eight gallons if I wanted to, and have done do when going on vacation.

I can get 12.5% for $2.99 at Ocean State Job Lot. It is the best value for any chlorine concentration that I can fine around here, They have a high turn over rate so it always fresh.

I have the four gallon and I fill it about once per week. We have had a lot of rain and I have been able to go a little longer. I use 10% from the pool store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only 12.5%, locally, is at the pool store for about $7.50. Ain't gonna happen...... :thumbdown:

I would leave that too. I learned on the forum that apparently Floridians are lucky enough to have Leslie's and Pinch a Penny sell 10% chlorine. I was a bit surprised to find that it is not a national endeavor for the companies.

@ewkearns - thanks for the update and information. LOL... Doh..... I completely overlooked that. I have the C201 as well. I am in the VA area and use the 8.25% bleach. I have not been able to locate anything with a higher concentration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.