Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Friend's new AGP build leveling advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Friend's new AGP build leveling advice

Hey guys!

Haven't been on here much this year as my pool is sparkling beautiful and have been enjoying it. But anyway, my buddy bought himself a 24' x 54" AGP. They will be installing next week and it is on a slight hill (about 2.5'.)

The contractor is charging $40 an inch to simply remove the dirt and put in a pile not even haul away. He's renting a Bob cat tomorrow morning and we will start digging and leveling.

We had 811 come out today and there isn't anything close to the pool so we're good there. We also are running conduit for the pump (etc.) electrical.

Any advice before we break ground in the morning that may help us save time or any tricks of the trade so to speak would be awesome. I've already got him ordering a test kit

Thanks, Andrew
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Friend's new AGP build leveling advice

Welcome back to TFP! I don't have any advice, LOL, but I do know where Portage is! Was just there last weekend to visit in laws.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! My neighbors have family in Houston... and I think they were in last weekend.. haha!
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

4. Back To Top    #4

So I'm just repeating what you probably already know but be sure you are erecting the pool on the undisturbed ground - no fill. Leveling is critical. spend time on getting it level.

Have fun to --
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall