Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lumberton, TX Oasis!

1. Back To Top    #1

Lumberton, TX Oasis!

I just bought the house with this pool in it, it had sat for a couple weeks before I moved in and instead of the white bottom, 3/4 of the pool was black algae. I worked it for about 2 weeks and now I have my own oasis.
    Lumberton, TX
    25,000 Blue Gunite pool/spa, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Hayward Pump and booster Pump, Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pentair Minimax NT Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lumberton, TX Oasis!

Very nice!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

What a pretty pool and yard! I envy you the diving board... <Yippee's one regret about our pool..no diving darn it>
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

You did a great job! It's so pretty and blue.
    18 x 30, 20,000 gallon, plaster inground oblong. Pentair whisperflo 3/4 HP pump. Pentair clean & clear cartridge filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you all. I was getting frustrated but I just stuck with it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Amazing! Good for you for sticking to it. That's where most people give up and they get another green pool or more black algae. Make sure you brush the pool on a weekly basis. That will help your chlorine work much more efficiently against Black algae and prevent it. Testing and adequate FC is key! Congratulations!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice,

I have a couple friends who live in Lumberton.

Do you know Mike and/or Walter Moye?

John
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

9. Back To Top    #9

SO nice! I see you bought a pool that came with a house! LOL

Do care to share what you did to beat back the black algae. Someone else can learn from you what worked and did not work.

GOOD JOB!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

That is a nice pool, and the grass is so green during this drought, you must be lucky to get more of those rare isolated afternoon showers than we have lately, either that or you are also busy with the sprinklers.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~