Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does Asboric Acid devolve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does Asboric Acid devolve?

I just did a AA treatment for stains, my Jacks Magich pink stuff has been delayed for shipping. Will the AA I put in the pool 2 days ago still be ok without my stains coming back. I have been slowly bringing my numbers back where they should be. Does Asboric Acic deteriorate over time or is it like CYA is my question I guess.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does Asboric Acid devolve?

Chlorine reacts with ascorbic acid and oxidizes it. So if you bring your chlorine back up, then all of the ascorbic acid will be gone. You should see this when you start to add bleach, the FC will drop very fast back to 0 until all of the AA is gone. Then the chlorine will start to hold.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Does Asboric Acid devolve?

Thanks for that. That's what I thought. Just didn't want to bring up the choline too fast before I get some jacks magic in there.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover