Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure Gauge

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pressure Gauge

I ordered the Pressure Gauge Glycerin filled 2.5" Rear Mount from TFTestkits.net and went to install it on my Krystal Clear 2800 GPH .75 HP. At this point is when I learned the intex gauge isnít 2.5 inches but some size smaller (I figured they were universally sized, silly me). I donít know what my best course of action would be; do I return it and if so how, is there a way to make it fit if so how? Really wish it would have fit, having a more accurate gauge would be nice.
    Round Frame Pool 15' x 42" (app. 3800 gallons) converted to Krystal Clear 2800 GPH .75 HP (conversion thread Here all the links/info you will need are within), TF100 Test Kit with speed stirrer. My first SLAM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure Gauge

I think the Intex gauges are 2" cases. You can buy a nipple and coupling and extend the gauge out a little and it should work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/ľhp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I miss typed. The purchased gauge is male 1/4 npt I'm not sure what female is on the intex pump that receives it. I need the adapter that would make these two things fit together.
    Round Frame Pool 15' x 42" (app. 3800 gallons) converted to Krystal Clear 2800 GPH .75 HP (conversion thread Here all the links/info you will need are within), TF100 Test Kit with speed stirrer. My first SLAM

4. Back To Top    #4

The Intex is 1/8" NPT. So you need a need a 1/4" to 1/8" female to female reducer and a 1/8" nipple, or a 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/ľhp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit